Trina Craig (1961- ) was born and raised on the western slopes of the northern California Sierra Nevada’s. She picked up her first paintbrush when she was 2 years old and was captivated by the feel of paint under her brush. She knew then that she wanted to become an artist. For Trina, painting is not just about feeling but also knowledge. She studies the art of painters past and present and paints with the spirit of learning and growing. In 2021 she relocated to Reno, Nevada, from the Pacific Northwest. Exploring and hiking in the western landscape have always been at the core of who she is. She paints not only to express herself but to share her love for the great outdoors, whether in the mountains, desert or at the ocean.
Trina paints daily, whether in studio or en plein air. She finds the steps that lead to landscape paintings just as fascinating as the finished outcome. She enjoys the heartfelt fun of both creating and feeling uncomfortable as she pushes through challenges to arrive at her finished pieces.
- A. Art, Sacramento State University, California.
- Currently mentoring under landscape painters Matt Smith and Scott
- Studied with landscape painters Kimball Geisler, Randall Sexton & Daniel Helzer in 2022.
Memberships and Community
Latimer Art Club; Reno Plein Air Artists; Tahoe Art League Plein Air.
- Senior Graphic Designer 1987-1992, Harcourt Publishing
- Art Director 1992-1995, Northland Publishing
- Art Director 1995-1996, Becker & Mayer Publishing
- Self-employed 1996-2011, freelance book graphic designer for major publishing
- Self-employed 2012-2021, owner, operater, creative director and graphic designer for Citrus Twist Kits.
P.O. Box 1506
Reno, NV 89505
Moana Nursery Design Center
1190 W Moana Lane
Reno, NV 89509