2022 Best of Show: “Spanish Springs Sunset” (oil) by Rebecca Griffin Gross
“The Great West!”
This is a judged and juried show with awards and prizes
Up to 4 entries per entrant
All Nevada Resident Artists, 18 years and over! Latimer Art Club’s 16th Annual Miniature Art Show and Sale; Oct.1st, 2023, to Nov. 5th, 2023.
“The Great West!”
(1) Oil/Acrylic (2) Water media
(3) Pastel (4)Graphite/Ink/Colored Pencil
(5) Mixed Media & all other mediums*
*Please indicate all mediums used on the label. Ink drawings with added color are number four ink. No photography, prints, crafts, or computer-generated art. Judge determinations are final.
- Artwork must be original, completed within the last 2 years, and not shown in a previous LAC Miniature show.
- The total image area of the painting must not exceed 36 square inches (i.e., 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 6 x 6).
- Gallery-wrapped canvas need not be framed, with finished sides, as well as cradleboard painting with finished sides. (Frames are preferred). All other pieces require frames.
- Frame opening is not to exceed 80 square inches (8 x 10), which is the inside measurement of the frame. Frame molding width no greater than 1 ½ inch.
- Linen liners are comparable to mats and are acceptable.
- Dust covers are required on the backs, except for stretched canvas or cradleboard.
- No uni-frames, clip frames, sawtooth hangers, cardboard, masking tape, or easel backs left on. All must be WIRED for hanging.
- An entry label must be affixed to the back of each painting, filled out with the price, not including the sales tax. Print labels here
- Paintings delivered chipped, cracked, damaged, dirty, or with improper presentation will not be accepted. LAC reserves the right to refuse work that does not comply with these requirements.
- All artwork must be for sale. A 35% commission to ACR will be applied.
For additional information, please contact the show chair:
Eileen Fuller, your show chair
Sharon Peters, assistant show chair
- ONLINE ENTRY: By September 21, 12 PM and delivery to the Artists Co-op Gallery on or before 9-27 2 PM for judging.. Member’s entry fee for up to 4, is $30.00. (Non-members will pay $40.00) Gallery commission is 35% for all but ACR members at 25%. Entry Form Here
- DELIVERY: From 9-22 up until the judging date of 9-27. If you are delivering on the last day, 2 p.m. is the latest, so categories can be sorted by our volunteers prior to the judging!
- SHOW HANGING: 9-11 AM on Thursday 9-28.
- Shipped entries must be received by Sept. 24, 2022, with return shipping postage; Unsold shipped entries will be returned after the close of the show. Ship to: LAC Entries, Eileen Fuller, 233 Liberty Springs Ct. Sparks, NV 89436
- OPENING RECEPTION AND AWARDS: Sunday, October 1st (and official show opening.) Many art collectors are anticipating this 17th annual show.
- (Participants should bring food to share at the reception.)
ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 4 ENTRIES:
LAC members, $30 flat fee / Non-members, $40 flat fee.
All fees are non-refundable and go toward judge’s fees, promotion, and marketing costs and for this year’s ALL CASH prizes. Upon registration, you will be required to pay this fee.
AWARDS: There will be ribbons and CASH awards for five categories: Best of Show, presented on 10-1 at the reception and at the show end, a “People’s Choice.”
VENUE: The Artist Co-op Gallery of Reno.
Address: 627 Mill St. Reno, NV 89502
Hours: Open daily from 11 am to 4 pm.
SHOW END DATE will be November 5th, BUT with your permission, unsold pieces may be transferred to “Makers Paradise Gallery” in Reno Public Market for sale through November and December!
More details are forthcoming on this arrangement.
Charles Muench was an excellent presenter, who shared his passion for mountain painting/camping trips with our club in 2022(?). Go to charlesmuench.com and check out his work! He will be judging on WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 27th!