15th Statewide Invitational Miniature Show
Luverne Lightfoot’s Verdi Bridge, Best of Show for 2021
“Silver State of Mind”
This is a judged and juried show with awards and prizes
Up to 4 entries per entrant
All Nevada Resident Artists, 18 years and over! Latimer Art Club’s 15th Annual Miniature Art Show and Sale; Oct.-2nd, 2022, to Nov.-6th, 2022.
“Silver State of Mind”
(Open subject, Nevada preference but not required.)
(1) Oil/Acrylic (2) Water media
(3) Pastel (4)Graphite/Ink
(5) Mixed Media*
*Please indicate all mediums used on the label. No photography, prints, crafts, or computer-generated art. Judge determinations are final.
- Artwork must be original, completed within the last 2 years, and not shown in a previous LAC Miniature show.
- The total image area of the painting must not exceed 36 square inches (i.e., 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 6 x 6).
- Framing: new in 2022, a gallery-wrapped canvas need not be framed, with finished sides, as well as cradleboard painting with finished sides. (Frames are preferred). All other pieces require frames.
- Frame opening is not to exceed 80 square inches (8 x 10), which is the inside measurement of the frame. Frame molding width no greater than 1 ½ inch.
- Linen liners are comparable to mats and are acceptable.
- Dust covers are required on backs, except for stretched canvas or cradleboard.
- No uni-frames, clip frames, sawtooth hangers, cardboard, masking tape, or easel backs left on. All must be WIRED for hanging.
- An entry label must be affixed to the back of each painting, filled out with the price, not including the sales tax. Print labels here
- Paintings delivered chipped, cracked, damaged, dirty, or with improper presentation will not be accepted. LAC reserves the right to refuse work that does not comply with these requirements.
- All artwork must be for sale. A 35% commission to ACR will be applied.
For additional information, please contact the show chairperson:
Eileen Fuller (Text preferable) 775-233-4796.
- Online entry and payment are due by September 21, 2022. Entry Form Here
- Deliveries of paintings will be accepted from Sept-25th to Sept-30th, 2022, at Artists Co-op Gallery of Reno, 627 Mill St. Reno, 89502. Gallery hours are 11-4 daily. No deliveries after 2 pm on 9-30.
- Shipped entries must be received by: Sept.-21, 2022, with return shipping postage; Unsold shipped entries with be returned after the close of the show. Ship to: LAC Entries, Eileen Fuller, 233 Liberty Springs Ct. Sparks, NV 89436
- Opening Reception and Awards: Sunday, October 2nd, 2022, from 12-4 pm. The awards will be presented at 3:00 pm.
- (Participants should bring food to share at the reception.)
ENTRY FEES FOR UP TO 4 ENTRIES:
LAC members, $30 flat fee / Non-members, $40 flat fee.
All fees are non-refundable and go toward judge’s fees, promotion, and marketing costs and for this year’s ALL CASH prizes. Upon registration, you will be required to pay this fee.
CASH PRIZES will be awarded.
The Artists Co-op Gallery of Reno, now in its 56th year, is pleased to host this prestigious show and sale again. Admission is always free, and the gallery is open daily from 11 am to 4 pm. 627 Mill Street, Reno, NV 89502 (just west of the Wells Avenue intersection).
Monika Piper Johnson is a Boston-born artist who moved to the Lake Tahoe area for her love of skiing and became an advocate for Plein-air painting with a palette knife. She owns and operates Piper J Gallery in Truckee, CA and her award-winning paintings are for sale in several other local galleries. Be sure to check out her website: www.piperjohnsonart.com.